“There is nothing outside a man which going into him can defile; are the things which come out to the contamination”.
In their site they write: “Our vegetarian choice is seen as change, is seen as a pure heart. The intention of killing a creature of God to eat comes from the heart. Changing our heart in Christ we buy back the image and likeness of God God is necessarily opposed to all violence”.
Vegetarian Italian Catholics cite many passages from the Bible to justify their choice. For example, they refer to the first account of creation in Genesis, it is priestercodex, according to the documentary hypothesis on the Bible. The writers of the past because they thought that killing animals was equivalent to transgress the primitive command of God, it says not to shed blood.
The association doesn’t want to impose that choice to all the faithful. They announce their reasons in the various dioceses after receiving permission from the Bishop.
They think that the vegan choice is tied to the eschatological times. The culture of the Jewish and Christian thought that the acts loving and merciful hastening the coming of the Messiah. They then say that the elimination of violence, even to animals, is proof of the work of redemption that Christ works in the lives of men.
Lent is a time to change lives. They pray to the Italian saint Francis of Paola, founder of the Minims, brothers who are vegetarians, and offer the community the reasons for being vegetarian.
- A Vegetarian Pregnancy (everydayhealth.com)
- Vegetarian options (vraarlis2011.wordpress.com)
- What Kind of Vegetarian Are You? (everydayhealth.com)
- In Gandhi’s words, “cease to kill our fellow creatures” (ateaspoonofturmeric.com)
- Trying to Survive Without Meat 😛 (piplup126.wordpress.com)
- A Vegetarian Livelihood – Healthy and Satisfying (blazingminds.co.uk)
- Vegetarian Living With a Non-Vegetarian (everydayhealth.com)